To Agency Executive Officers
Follow-up with your candidates regarding the three-month period in which to take the old examination after obtaining their AEC
We remind you that to be allowed to take the old examination (902.56 program) in order to obtain a real estate or mortgage broker’s licence, a candidate must:
- have begun the 902.56 course (the old affiliated real estate agent’s course) before May 1, 2010;
- obtain their Attestation of Collegial Studies (AEC) before April 30, 2011;
- apply for an examination and for issuance of a real estate or mortgage broker’s licence within three month after obtaining their AEC.
- AEC obtained on September 15, 2010: The candidate must submit his application for an examination by December 15, 2010 at the latest
- AEC obtained on January 10, 2011: The candidate must submit his application for an examination by April 10, 2011 at the latest
We recommend that you remind your candidates of these requirements.
Candidates have three months to apply for an examination and for issuance of a licence after obtaining their Attestation of Collegial Studies (AEC).
Candidates who do not fulfil these requirements will have to take the examinations in accordance with the new regulations.