Procedures and conditions for taking the new OACIQ examinations
(Updated on May 1, 2013)
The OACIQ would like to inform candidates interested in taking one of the new examinations of the procedure to follow to do so:
STEP 1 – Application
- Fill out the ''Examination Application'' form, found under the ''Certification'' sub-section of the ''Resources'' section, on the ''Certification Forms'' page, by clicking on the following link:
|We would like to inform that examination fees are not refundable under any circumstances, unless you cancel your request before the examination. However, an amount relating to the processing of your application will be retained.|
- Check the "Calendar of examinations" under the ''Calendar of activities'' section by clicking on the following link:
- It is important to include all the documents required and to send your completed form to the OACIQ together with your payment for the corresponding fees AT LEAST THREE WEEKS prior to the date of the examination.
- If this deadline is not met, the applicant will be registered for the next available examination date, as per the Calendar of examinations posted on our website.
- In order to avoid delays in the issuance of your licence (see STEP 5), we recommend to anyone who is not already a licence holder to forward a "Consent Form" with corresponding fees for the criminal record verification. This form is available by clicking on the following link:
STEP 2 – Notice of examination
- The OACIQ will confirm the time and place of the examination by mail, at least one week before the scheduled date.
STEP 3 – Taking the examination
- It is recommended to arrive 15 minutes before the time scheduled for the examination.
- Instructions will be handed out and read before the examination, but you should note right now that programmable calculators are not allowed.
STEP 4 – Mailing of results
- The OACIQ will correct the examinations and send you by mail your result approximately 30 days after the date you passed your exam.
- You can make a request for examination grade review. In this case, the exam will be corrected again completely. To do this, you must send a Request for examination grade review form duly completed to the OACIQ no later than the 15th day following the date on which your letter of results was mailed.
STEP 5 – Application for issuance of your licence
- If you passed the examination, you will have 12 months from the date your results were sent to you to apply for issuance of a licence. The "Application for issuance" form can be found under the ''Certification'' sub-section of the "Resources" sectiion, on the ''Certification Forms'' page, by clicking on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE OF FRENCH
Except if you have successfully taken the OACIQ examination drafted in French, you must provide documents proving that you meet one of the following conditions:
a) have attended a French language secondary or post-secondary establishment full time for at least 3 years; or
b) have passed the fourth or fifth year secondary level examinations in French as a mother tongue; or
c) have obtained a secondary school certificate in Québec from and after the school year 1985-1986.
In all other cases, you must obtain a certificate issued by the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF) or hold a certificate defined as equivalent by regulation of the Government, in accordance with section 35 of Charter of the French Language (R.S.Q., c C-11).
N. B.: If you have to take the French exam at the OQLF to obtain a certificate, you must first be registered for the OACIQ examination. Here’s the procedure:
• Contact the OACIQ by email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
• The French Examination Registration Form provided by the OQLF will be mailed;
• Return the form duly completed to the OACIQ including a colour photograph (passport size) taken within the last 6 months and dated on the back;
• The form will then be transmitted to the OQLF by the OACIQ;
• The OQLF will invite you to the French examination;
• If you successfully complete the French examination, the OQLF will send us the results.
- Your application for issuance will be reviewed upon receipt. If it contains declarations under section IV of the form (criminal record or other), your file will be submitted to the Licence issue and maintenance committee (LIMC) for review.
For more information, please contact the Info OACIQ Information Centre at 450 462-9800 or 1 800 440-7170 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday. You can also reach the Centre by email at email@example.com, making sure to include your complete contact information so an information agent can call you back.