- Agreement concluded with the National Building Inspectors and Experts Association (NBIEA)
0 The OACIQ has recently concluded a recognition agreement of great interest to your professional practice with the NBIEA. This agreement is ...
Article - 2013/01/23 - 09:56
- Obligation to recommend a building inspector who has professional liability insurance
0 Section 81 of the Regulation respecting brokerage requirements, professional conduct of brokers and advertising provides that a broker or ...
Article - 2012/12/20 - 09:17
- Agreement concluded with the AIBQ: Your access to a valuable reference tool for building inspection
0 After several months of negotiations, the OACIQ has just concluded a first recognition agreement of great interest to your professional ...
Article - 2011/07/27 - 12:29
- The agency’s duty to supervise the brokers acting on its behalf, and supervision of brokers new to the profession
[INSPECTION CAPSULE] The new Real Estate Brokerage Act has abolished certain rules regarding the duty to have one or more managers, based on the number of brokers acting within an agency. This new Act is ...
Article - 2010/08/11 - 00:00
- New notices of disclosure
Since the coming into force of the Act on May 1, 2010, you are no longer required to forward your disclosure notices to the OACIQ. Notices of disclosure (purchase, sale, exchange or loan) are to be remitted to ...
Article - 2010/07/07 - 00:00
- Unveiling of the Professional Standards of Practice for the Visual Inspection of Chiefly Residential Buildings
0 At the annual convention of the Québec Association of Building Inspectors (QABI) on October 15, 16, 17, 2009, the QABI unveiled, in a ...
Article - 2009/10/19 - 00:00
- Broker’s records, books and registers: What to do in case of disaster (fire, flood)
[PROFESSIONAL INSPECTION CAPSULE] What to do if your documents are damaged following a disaster? [PROFESSIONAL INSPECTION CAPSULE] ...
Article - 2008/08/07 - 00:00
- Fireplaces, stoves and chimneys: Prudence and inspection
When selling an immovable, people tend to neglect a very important step: inspection of the stove or fireplace and the chimney. They forget that these heating devices must comply with the requirements of both ...
Article - 1996/12/01 - 01:00