The OACIQ emphasizes its role as regulator
In accordance with its status as a regulator of real estate and mortgage brokerage in Québec, prescribed by the Real Estate Brokerage Act, and with its strategic directions, the OACIQ actively participates in the discussions of regulators in other provinces.
As part of the annual meeting of the RERC (Real Estate Regulators of Canada), an organization that brings together similar provincial bodies, the President and Chief Executive Officer, Nadine Lindsay, has recently presented the priorities of the OACIQ and how the Organization carries out its role as a regulator.
The topics discussed at this meeting held in Fredericton in September 2017 included continuing education, the best ways to ensure licence holders’ compliance, and public protection.
The OACIQ will continue to be proactive and present in the field with industry stakeholders.
For more information on regulators in other provinces, check the RERC’s website or visit:
- Real Estate Council of British Columbia
- Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate – Province of British Columbia Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate – Province of British Columbia
- Real Estate Council of Alberta
- Saskatchewan Real Estate Commission
- The Manitoba Securities Commission
- The Real Estate Council of Ontario
- New Brunswick Real Estate Association
- New Brunswick Financial and Consumer Services Commission
- Service NL Real Estate and Mortgage Broker Regulation