NOTICE OF IMPOSITION OF RESTRICTIONS OR CONDITIONS
ON STÉPHANE VACHON’S LICENCE
NOTICE is hereby given that Stéphane Vachon, real estate broker (licence C6227), whose establishment is located in Laval, has had conditions imposed on his licence, following a decision by the Licence Issue and Maintenance Committee of the Organisme d’autoréglementation du courtage immobilier du Québec (OACIQ), pursuant to section 37 (3) of the Real Estate Brokerage Act (CQLR, c. C-73.2).
On December 12, 2018, the Licence Issue and Maintenance Committee imposed the following conditions on Stéphane Vachon’s licence:
a) Within 30 days following issuance of his licence, Mr. Stéphane Vachon shall forward to the OACIQ Registry Service an agreement entered into with his agency executive officer, by which the latter undertakes specifically to supervise and oversee his practice for a period of two years following the establishment of an oversight plan;
b) Within 60 days following issuance of his licence, he shall forward to the OACIQ Registry Service the two-year (2) oversight plan established with his agency executive officer, which shall include:
i. In residential or commercial brokerage practice:
1) Verifying brokerage contract records before an immovable or enterprise can be put on the market;
2) Verifying transactions and monitoring their progress;
3) Supervising the licence holder's progress by providing for regular meetings and ensuring that he completes relevant training activities related to his obligations.
ii. In mortgage brokerage practice:
1) Verifying the drafting of a brokerage contract, reviewing the collection and analysis of borrower’s information, as well as preparing financing applications before sending them to lenders;
2) Supervising the follow-up on financing applications by ensuring that all relevant documents are on record;
3) Pairing with an experienced broker who will make sure to keep the agency executive officer informed of Stéphane Vachon’s actions for a period of six (6) months.
c) Every six (6) months, starting from the establishment of the oversight plan and for the term of this plan, the executive officer of the agency within which he carries on his activities shall report in writing to the OACIQ Registry Service on the compliance of Mr. Vachon’s practice, including on:
1) whether he is collaborating to allow the agency to properly discharge its supervision and oversight duty;
2) whether he is complying with the rules by which he is governed.
d) In the event of a change of agency, a new agreement and a new oversight plan shall be entered into with the new agency’s executive officer, under the same conditions and for the remaining term, and be forwarded to the OACIQ Registry Service within ten (10) days of the change;
e) For a period of 2 years following issuance of his licence, PROHIBITING Mr. Vachon (C6227) from carrying on activities on his own account and from being designated and/or acting as agency executive officer should he obtain the qualifications to do so.
Failure to comply with any of the above-mentioned conditions shall result in the suspension of Stéphane Vachon’s licence until such time as he complies.
This notice is given in accordance with section 33 of the Regulation respecting the issue of broker’s and agency licences (R.R.Q., c. C-73.2, r. 3).
Brossard, January 29, 2019
Me Laurence Rey El Fatih