NOTICE OF IMPOSITION OF CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
ON KAMAL BENCHEKRI’S LICENCE
NOTICE is hereby given that Kamal Benchekri, real estate broker (licence E0566), whose establishment is located in Montréal, has had conditions and restrictions imposed on his licence, following a decision by the Licence Issue and Maintenance Committee of the Organisme d’autoréglementation du courtage immobilier du Québec (OACIQ), pursuant to section 38 (2°) of the Real Estate Brokerage Act (CQLR, c. C-73.2).
On September 22, 2020, the Licence Issue and Maintenance Committee imposed the following conditions and restrictions on Mr. Benchekri’s licence:
That Kamal Benchekri’s licence should be maintained with the following conditions and restrictions:
- He must complete, within a 6-month period following the notification of this decision, the training courses entitled “The broker as a self-employed worker” and “Professional conduct, the cornerstone of your daily practice,” provided by the OACIQ Continuing Education Department or any other equivalent training accredited by the OACIQ, in addition to courses that he must take to meet his continuing education obligations;
- He will be prohibited from acting on his own account for a period of three (3) years following the notification of this decision;
- He shall enter into and maintain a written agreement with his agency executive officer, by which the latter undertakes to specifically supervise and oversee his practice for a period of three (3) years following the notification of this decision;
- For a period of three (3) years following the notification of this decision, he shall enter into and maintain a written agreement with the agency within which he carries on his activities to the effect that the latter shall hold in trust the GST and QST payable to him, as real estate broker, until he is required to remit them along with his tax return;
- A copy of the agreements mentioned in items c) and d) shall be sent to the OACIQ Registry Service, within thirty (30) days following the notification of this decision;
- In the event of any agency change during the period mentioned in items c) and d), he shall enter into an agreement under the same conditions with the new agency and send a copy of this agreement to the OACIQ Registry Service, within thirty (30) days following the agency change;
- He must send his certificate of discharge or any other document proving that he is discharged from bankruptcy to the OACIQ Registry Service as soon as he receives it.
This notice is given in accordance with section 33 of the Regulation respecting the issue of broker’s and agency licences (R.R.Q., c. C-73.2, r. 3).
The decision became enforceable on November 9, 2020.
Brossard, November 13, 2020
The Registry of the Licence Issue and Maintenance Committee