LICENCE SUSPENSION NOTICE
NOTICE is hereby given that Éric Dupuis, former real estate broker, licence No. C9712, whose establishment was located in Brossard, has been found guilty by the OACIQ Discipline Committee of the offences summarized below:
Count 1: During 2008, in the process of steps taken to obtain loans for six immovables, on the basis of false information, sent false leases to prospective lenders.
Count 2: During 2009, received directly or indirectly, for canvassing a loan secured by immovable hypothec, remuneration from a person other than the holder of a chartered real estate broker certificate who employed or authorized him to act on his behalf, notably by receiving a cheque around March 2009 in the amount of $1,000 and a cheque around April 24, 2009, in the amount of $3,500.
Count 3: During 2008 and 2009, abused the trust of 15 people and made false representations in order to receive:
- around February 6, 2008, a cheque of $30,000;
- around March 10, 2008, a cheque of $6,200;
- around March 28, 2008, a cheque of $5,200;
- around April16, 2008, a cheque of $4,400;
- around May 4, 2008, a cheque of $3,900;
- around May 8, 2008, a cheque of $6,000;
- around May 29, 2008, a cheque of $4,900;
- around December 15, 2008, a cheque of $50,000;
- around May 15, 2009, a cheque of $15,000;
- around May 28, 2009, cheques of $3,000 and $3,520;
- around May 29, 2009, cheques of $31,480, $3,520 and $6,000;
- around June 9, 2009, a cheque of $10,000;
- around August 6, 2009, a cheque of $30,000;
- around August 7, 2009, a cheque of $10,000;
- around August 31, 2009, a cheque of $4,200;
On May 11, 2016, the Discipline Committee ordered the permanent suspension of Éric Dupuis's licence No. C9712, to be served whenever he becomes a licence holder again.
This notice is given in accordance with section 33 of the Regulation respecting the issue of broker’s and agency licences (R.R.Q., c. C-73.2, r.3).
Brossard, August 8th, 2016
Sophia Di Gregorio
Discipline Committee Assistant Secretary