LICENCE SUSPENSION NOTICE
NOTICE is hereby given that Jeff Tsang, former broker, licence No. B0002, whose establishment was located in Montréal, has been found guilty by the OACIQ Discipline Committee of the offences summarized below:
Chef 1: Concerning an immovable:
a) on or about September 19, 2012, having appropriated the amount of $103,500, which was given to him as a deposit by prospective buyers to support a promise to purchase;
b) forged and sent or allowed someone to send to the prospective buyers the following false documents with a so-called header of a financial institution:
- at an unknown date but probably before January 17, 2014, a letter stating that “any amounts withheld will be returned to you including the prevailing interests around January 17, 2014 at the latest”;
- at an unknown date but probably between January 17, 2014 and July 17, 2014, a letter explaining the reimbursement deadlines.
Chef 2: Concerning an immovable:
a) on or about March 2014, forged or allowed someone to forge a promise to purchase, which falsely indicated that it was accepted by the seller,
b) obtained the following amounts from the prospective buyer’s spouse on the basis of misrepresentations made to the prospective buyer:
- on or about April 2, 2014, the amount of $15,000 via a bank draft;
- on or about April 7, 2014, the amount of $15,000 via a bank draft;
c) on or around April 20, 2014, having appropriated the amount of $1,600, which was given to him by the prospective buyer’s spouse to pay for the air test of said immovable.
Count 3: Concerning an immovable:
- during the month of April 2014, forged or allowed someone to forge two documents, a promise to purchase and a counter-proposal;
- on or about April 2014, having appropriated the amount of $4,200, which was given to him by tenants as a security deposit;
- on or about April 20, 2014, issued an invoice on behalf of the agency to obtain payment of remuneration, without the consent of said agency;
- on or about April 20, 2014, received an amount of $1,400 directly from the lessor as remuneration and did not submit it immediately to the real estate agency he was acting for;
Chef 4: Concerning 3 immovables, on three occasions between May 1, 2014 and June 16, 2014, the defendant transmitted or allowed someone to transmit a mortgage undertaking letter to a corporation, while he knew or should have known that it was false.
Count 5: On two occasions, on or aabout July 16 and on or around August 27, 2014, falsely told his clients that a disbursement would be made.
On May 5, 2016, the Discipline Committee ordered the permanent suspension of Jeff Tsang’s licence No. B0002.
As the Discipline Committee’s decision was served on the defendant, his permanent licence suspension takes effect as of May 5, 2016.
This notice is given in accordance with section 33 of the Regulation respecting the issue of broker’s and agency licences (R.R.Q., c. C-73.2, r.3).
Brossard, June 6, 2016
Discipline Committee Secretary